In an effort to be more accountable to, well, myself at least I am going to
try to remember to touch base on where I am with my New Year Goals (Here) throughout the year.
Before writing this post I thought back to my first goal to read an average of 2 books per month. I am an avid reader and have been for as long as I can remember so I felt that this would be fairly simple, but I didn’t realize how well I was doing until I wrote down this list:
* Me Before You- by Jojo Moyes
* And the Mountains Echoed- by Khaled Hosseini (Book Club)
* Silver Linings Playbook- by Matthew Quick
* Eleanor & Park- by Rainbow Rowell
* Great Expectations- by Charles Dickenson (Classic #1 of 3)
* The Art of Racing in the Rain- by Garth Stein
* Into the Darkest Corner- Elizabeth Hayes (Book Club)
* Things We Set on Fire- by Deborah Reed
* Lost Memory of Skin- by Russell Banks
* Prince of Tides- by Pat Conroy
I was supposed to read Divergent for book club but skipped it- sshhhh!
* I’m starting the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini and a CS Lewis biography that I’m reading with my hubby.
I’ve had a bunch of people ask me when I find time to read (and do my art, sewing etc). I think that’s really hard to explain. Those of you who love to read already know that it’s just something you make time for. You do it whenever there is a free moment. I don’t watch TV, typically, unless it’s an evening hanging with my hubby or working on crafts. I read while I wait anywhere (doctors office, for a friend, etc), I read while my kids swim or clean their room, I read late at night, I read read read. Once a book pulls me in it envelopes me, engulfs me, and it’s what I want to do every minute I have free. I am much more likely to remember to pack my book in my purse than my cell phone. You never know where an opportunity to read might strike!