Well, this post may be a bit different as I don’t usually complete personal lists like this, however, Michelle over at How Cute is That nominated me for a Liebster Award for my honest & fun posts and pictures. Thank you, Michelle!
What is a Liebster Award?
It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. “Liebster” roughly translates to “Dearest” from German
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So, here are the questions (and answers) that Michelle asked of me:
1.) What are you listening to? Since the invent of internet radio, I have not purchased a single CD! Yikes! I have several PandoraOne stations I listen to including: Josh Ritter, Ray Lamontagne, Iron & Wine, and Mason Jennings. Oh, and don’t forget my guilty pleasure M.I.A station for running!
2.) What is one of the best restaurants that you’ve been to, what did you eat and where is it located? I would say hands down, the Bombay Bistro in Minneapolis. This was my first experience with Indian food and it was phenomenal!
3.) Name one or some of your favorite products and why Paul Mitchell’s Mint & Lavendar Shampoo/Conditioner. It makes me smell just enough like a hippie…
4.) Favorite fragrances? I’m always embarrassed to say that I wear some cheap-o oil I found for sale at our local record store, the Electric Fetus, called simply “Egyptian Goddess”. I love it and my husband can easily identify it as smelling like “me”.
5.) What is your special talent? Ability to cross and move only one eye at a time.
6.) Pet Peeve(s)? Tardiness, people who say “pet peeve”, people who drive Hummers, people who have beanie babies cluttering up their car’s rear window.
7.) What are some of your guilty pleasures? Heavy cream in everything, particularly my oatmeal. Sinking my hands in bowls of buttons, grains, etc. White flour, pastas and rice.
8.) Name 3 things you are obsessed with. Reading is definitely an obsession of mine. I don’t know that the other two count, but I have an abnormal love of sock monkeys & Ryan Gosling.
9.) What’s your favorite thing you ever wore? My wedding dress. It was an ivory mermaid cut gown that felt like it had come straight out of the 20-30’s. I felt like an old movie starlet.
10.) Describe the best vacation you’ve been on 5 day camping trip with my hubbie- pre marriage.
11.) What is your preferred way to get exercise? I just recently took up running and I am enjoying it. I also really love hiking!
11 Random Facts about me:
1. I have the pointy-est elbows of anyone I’ve ever met.
2. My favorite book of all time is the Handmade’s Tale
3. I am scared of worms, but don’t mind snakes
4. I like the smell of skunks
5. Fall is my favorite season
6. I used to have a big, cute mole on my butt, however, my dermatologist made me have it removed- I miss it.
7. I ran away from home when I was an angst-filled teenager
8. I don’t have a real best friend
9. I will agree to almost any crazy idea if given less than 3 minutes to think about it, but would not consider myself spontaneous.
10. I once went bungee jumping though I’m terrified of heights
11. I still feel bad for giving away stuffed animals because I can’t help but feel like they have feelings.
For those I nominated, here are my questions for you to answer:
1. When is the last time you laughed so hard your eyes watered?
2. What would you consider the most misunderstood part of you?
3. If given a choice between mountains or ocean view, which would you choose?
4. What was your first thought this morning?
5. What is the best way to cheer you up?
6. What is your 5 year goal?
7. Do you have any regrets?
8. What is your 20 year goal?
9. What’s the funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
10. Do you enjoy attending weddings?
11. What tradition or strength do you hope to pass along to future generations?
So there you have it…